Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What the Duck!!!

Ryan doesn't look happy with his meal. I meant to take a picture of the duck still in a whole piece but didn't know it was done until after Ryan had already cut it up.

Again sorry with the bad pictures, I'll have to learn how to adjust my camera. Anyway, so on Christmas day all Ryan and I were going to do was visit Colin, Brit, and Justin and then Ryan was going to make Duck for the two of us for dinner, which he had been talking about for weeks. The first part of our day was fantastic. Everything was going good at the Colin Brown house and though we had to wake Justin from his nap, that only made him more cute and snugly still in his PJ's. But Ryan has been harboring a cold for days and by the time we got back home he was feeling completely miserable. He didn't even think he could still make dinner. He did though and even though I was nervous eating Duck for my first time while envisioning all my little friends from Lake Chelan, I loved it. It was to die for. Ryan on the other hand could not even smell it let alone eat it so after all that planning and cooking he took about two bites of duck and was done. Then he pretty much went to bed. It was about 7:00. I felt horrible.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Poor Ryan, I know he was really looking forward to the duck but couldn't smell or taste anything... well since you liked it, I am sure he will make it again soon!

Jocelyn said...

my poor baby! I feel so bad for him- his dream duck! I too was envisioning the cute ducks we so love at Lk. Chelan.. oh well. Glad you still have your great appetite! Tell Ryan he's looking really skinny and I'm so glad he made the blog.

Sandie B said...

So sorry Ry is still sick..It's been a long haul with the cold..Tell him to use the humidifier...it will help clear up his stuffy noise and he'll sleep better. Give him a big hug and baby him..he likes that...love Mom

Marnae and Matt said...

I love the heading. I am not sure that I would like Duck. I hope Ryan is feeling better.

Jocelyn said...

We need some shot of you Sundi, i want to see how big the belly is getting