Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The play room








We had decided to turn the guest room into a playroom for the girls and I got the idea of painted frames and flower pots from pottery barn kids (page 74 &75 if you have the mag.) My Aunt Teri came to town for the week to help Ryan and I with the girls and since I am not artistic at all I put her to work. She is very good at crafts and such and even though the design itself seems simple enough, I could never have made it look so nice and cute on my own so thank you Aunt Teri for the room and the help with the girls. It was fun having you and thanks to Ryan and my mom too. Ryan painted the walls, changed out the out the outlets put together the shelves and put up the the curtain. My mom found the pictures at Marshalls if anyone wants to know since they're so cute! It was pretty amazing that I found what I wanted to do to the room one night and the next day she went into the Marshalls and found pictures that perfectly matched the design, we were pretty pleased.


10 comments:

Cole said...

hey very creative with the painting pots. I love em. Good work you guys!

Brittany said...

Ohh My! this room is so cute! WOW, WOW, WOW! I am so impressed. I could never be that creative. The room looks like it should be in a magazine. I can't wait to come up this weekend to see all of you!!!! I am ready for life to slow down a little bit so we can visit more, I feel like I am missing out!

Jocelyn said...

wow. ryan told me it was purple and it sure is.. which as you know is one of my favorite colors. the painted pots and painted frames look darling.great job everyone! now the girls have a room to play in when they get a little older. fun.

Julie said...

Oh, it's so cute! Great job, everyone! The girls will have so much fun in this room!!

Sandie B said...

Looks like a room fit for a "princess" or two or THREE!! I love ALL the colors...I think I see every color in a rainbow. Like most everyone else I couldn't have even begun to imagine this room..the girlies will never want to leave their room..if your're lucky!! I love it!! Way to go..once again..nice job...Mom

Sundi said...

Gee, what a great reaction from everyone which is exactly what I wanted of course. I didn't exactly come up with the idea though, every single frame and pot was copied almost exactly as I saw it in Pottery Barn although the room wasn't purple and a few other slight changes as well.

Lanette said...

I LOVE the fact that it's purple!!! (which happens to be one of my favorite colors too!) It totally turned out adorable and fun, you may need to give out your decorators numbers soon! :)

jewly said...

The room turned out so cute. I can't believe the girls are already 2 months old. Time flys way to fast when you have babies.

Sundi said...

Lanette, will you be needing to decorate a baby's room soon?

shawna said...

This is so cute! Oh my gosh, I had a funny dream that Cali was crawling and delaney had the blondest hair, and Josie was talking up a storm last night. I had looked at the pics last night before bed and they must have been on my mind! It was so vivid and I had to question myself when I woke up :) I hope you are all doing well, and I agree with Lanette, I may need some decorating tips and a decorator too!!
Lots of love, Shawna