Thursday, May 22, 2008

Classic Doug





Doug (AKA Grandpa) is finally getting to meet the trio after nursing his dog back to health from a major surgery she had recently. He bought us our stroller and was excited to use it. He wanted to go somewhere with the girls to show them off to random people and where better than his favorite place in the world, Costco. I got to stay home and catch up on my sleep which was awesome! The plan to show off the girls apparently worked too because Ryan said they were stopped by people who asked "Are those triplets?" about every minute. "Uh no actually they're quads but we leave the ugly one at home". The gawking was more than welcome as that was the whole agenda for the trip in the first place.
I have to say that you never know what kind of Grandparents your parents will be until you have kids of your own. I wasn't sure if Doug would be the kind who likes to look and admire or more of a hands on kind of Grandpa and the verdict is in. He's definitely hands on. I felt like I was on vacation this morning with him telling me to go back to bed, that he's got it covered. Eventually, enough was enough though as I finally started my day around noon. He actually changed several diapers even and they were poopy too. Good havin ya Doug!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

He is very hands on and I bet he just loves having those little girls around. Probably melts his heart. How fun that the girls got to experience the costco trip!! I know Doug was in heaven showing off the girls.

Sandie B said...

Doug looks very happy....so glad her is there with all of you..Have a great time!

Meg said...

I think Grandparents are SO amazing. The pure, true, genuine joy they get out of their kids having kids is one that cannot be described. Guess we'll all know in many, many, many years (I threw a lot of many's in there for both of our Ryan's, don't want them having heart attacks).