Monday, March 31, 2008

THE UPDATES

Cali above,is doing just as good as her bigger sisters although she's itty bitty and still too small to try out an open crib because she needs to be fatter in order to keep up her own temp and that just takes time. She is however by far the best eater and takes the biggest portion of her bottle. lately though she's getting more than her tummy wants so she's been spitting up when she's done. Her body will get used to it soon and she is still gaining weight every single day.
Jocelyn had a bath today and I have to say it went well. I thought she was going to be my fussy child but lately she's been getting this stuff down and not so upset by every little thing. In fact we changed her feeding tube to a smaller one like her sisters have and she is breathing better and that has helped her to eat better as well. All she (and Delaney) have to do before going home is eat all of there bottles at every meal time on there own for 48 hours. Cali does too but she also has to be in an open crib and keep up her own body temp. Jocelyn seems to be getting the eat, suck, swallow thing down now but she gets tired and poops out before her bottles are done.
Delaney is our stinky girl. Not only is she a big time pooper but we've all agreed that hers are the smelliest too. Believe it or not Ryan has changed way more poopy diapers then I have. I'm so proud of him. It's funny though because when we go we're like, I'll feed this one this time, or, I'll feed that one and almost every time Ryan winds up in charge of the one who pooped. In fact until yesterday I don't think I'd gotten one poopy diaper.
So everyone is doing well and has passed all test with flying colors. Even the doctors and nurses who come in say how great there doing and can't think of a single issue or problem the girls may face so for now we're just waiting for Cali to get big enough for an open crib and for them all to start eating like true Brown's do. Because Eating is not something that they will do naturally for a few more weeks we just have to teach them early and wait for the light bulb to click on. Once it does we figure we're home free.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Love the update. I am so looking forward to seeing them again in the next few days. I love it that you talked about Delaney being stinky - she will not appreciate that later in life! It seems like from the pics they are getting a little more energy, or at least moving around a little now. The girls look great! You guys are doing a great job already!!!!

Julie said...

Yea - So glad they're all doing well!! Thanks for the updates and new pictures all the time. I'm sure you're a busy momma as you wait for the girls to come home, between being at home and the hospital. You're all in our prayers!
-Julie Weissmueller :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the update too! Sounds like the girls are progressing and growing each day. Thanks for sharing all the pictures it is such a reminder of what a HUGE miracle and gift God gives! I bet your excited to have them come home to that beautiful nursery soon. You are all in our prayers!

Jocelyn said...

I know I might be biased but I think these 3 girls are adorable! they look so good. i love their coloring. cute pics of them all. the one of jocelyn holding your hand is really cute. looks like she's got a grip. lets not label her "fussy" at this point, ok? kidding. i am not surprised by how great Ryan is doing. i knew he would shine and be a great mr. mom. when my mom got home- she really raved how how proud she was of both colin and ryan for being such hands on dads.

Lanette said...

Yayyyy, I'm so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well! I love seeing the updated pics, please keep them coming so we can all see how big and healthy they're getting, they're doing so great!! I feel so happy for you and Ryan everytime I check out your blog, you guys are already such good parents. Before you know it all five of you will be home together, What a happy day that will be!

Sandie B said...

Everyone looks so good. I can really tell they have grown since they were born. Funny now that Josie is the"fussy" one - originally all the nurses said she was the most content. Cali and Delaney most defiantely have the "Brown" nose. Their coloring looks really good...they have that Arizona tan going on. As far as labeling Josie "fussy" I think she will prefer that to the "big girl" which is what the nurses were calling her...big at not even 5 pounds. They all looks so great...hats off to you and Ry and all the Keller family for helping at all the feedings and visiting sessions.

Sundi said...

Julie, I'm so glad you are watching my blog and getting caught up on my girls. I'm going to have to meet your newest one Jake one of these days and I only met Logan once at Oraganos(sp?). Maybe when the girls are a bit older we'll have to do a play date.

Julie said...

I'd love to! We can come to you... 2 have got to be easier to travel with than 3. :o) Just let me know when... OK, I know it will be a while. :o)

Julie said...

PS - you can visit our family blog at ryanandjuliefamily.blogspot.com... I've been meaning to start that for about a year, and yours finally inspired me to actually do it! So thanks for that!!! It's really fun... :o)