Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baby(s) Room

This is Jocelyn, posting for Sundi. I just changed Sundi's blog around a bit and added a beautiful picture of their sweety Buster. We wanted to show the girl's finished room. I flew to AZ. this weekend to help Ryan and Sundi with the room and we actually got it done in that time period. I love the bedding Sundi chose, and the wall color they kept from before and it worked out. How cool is the chandelier/fan? When I talked to them on the phone before I headed out there, they told me they wanted me to paint a "three peas in the pod" picture and I was like- no way- that's too cartoony. But you all know Sundi- and once that girls mind is made up- that's the way it goes...So I painted the "three peas" and I think they really like it- and so do I. For the rest- we just found paper in the colors of the bedding- framed it above the cribs, spray painted all the frames chocolate brown to match her bedding, put the saying "Sweet Dreams" above the three peas picture, spray painted their initials and put them on their cribs with ribbon, put up plantation shutters on the window, and found a hook that kinda matches the chandelier so we put that up. Ryan and I got this huge bag of stuff after shopping and just brought into Sundi- showed her our ideas- she approved them and this is what we got. The whole weekend we all loved going into the room. It felt clean and calming. I loved doing this with my brother and I loved seeing him get excited. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. Love you both.











8 comments:

Amy D. said...

Are you even kidding me...she is to much!! Looks so beautiful and I bet you are so excited to get those three little gals into those beds. Can't wait to see them!

Brittany said...

I love this! The room is so beautiful, I had the same feeling when I walked in... relaxing, calming and so full of love(I know that's cheezy - blame it on the hormones)! But it's true. They are going to love their room!!!

Anonymous said...

Everthing looks like it turned out great! Love the bedding and way everything(the cribs) are arranged. Great work Ryan and Jocelyn!

Sundi said...

I am a lucky sister in law. Thanks Joc.

Meg said...

WOW! Love the room, I commented on Joc's blog in more detail...the room left me speechless. In no time flat you're going to have three little beans to fill it. So excited for you guys!!! Like the new blog layout as well.

Julie said...

Wow - love the room, Sundi! It does look really calm and peaceful now. Can't wait to see the little sweet peas!! -Julie Weissmueller :o)

Tami said...

Jocelyn - you did such a fabulous job of finishing out the babies room. It is absolutely beautiful. Everything is simply elegant and clean looking. You are so very creative and pulled it all together. thank you, thank you, thank you for doing that. It is so hard for Sundi to just lay there and not be able to do all the things that have to be done to prepare for these babies, she knows she is doing the most important job by staying still so they stay inside long enough to be healthy. You really helped her so much by doing what she needed done so badly. Your priceless!!

Jocelyn said...

I have to give more credit to Ryan.. he was full of ideas- was a fast shopper and knew what Sundi would not like and for me- he was so much fun to be around. I love his company-he's so funny and quirky. I don't know many soon to be dad's who had as much input and ideas as what they'd like in their baby's room.