Thursday, January 24, 2008

Boring Pictures


So I got to leave the house again yesterday but like and idiot I didn't have my camera charged so these are from when we got back. I got lab work done to check for diabetes and stuff (ever notice that all lab offices have stupid decor like this one had 1980's pictures of unicorns and wild animals) anyway after that we went to my doctors office to see a doctor from the NICU at the hospital I'd be going to. Okay pretty scary stuff. Basically I am now at the stage where they will have no problem recussitating the babies if I go into labor right now at 25 weeks, however until about 28 weeks they are still at the risk for things like Oh I don't know cerebral palsy and blindness, you know stuff like that. Not to worry though because things are really looking good. I am now monitoring my contractions twice daily with a at home monitoring device that my doctor was able to get my insurance to cover even though it isn't usually covered and an at home blood pressure thing and all seems to be really really well. Although the first night we were a little scared because it did show 9 contractions in 1 hour which pretty much means labor. It should be less then 6. When they called they had me do it again and this time drink water first, go to the bathroom and eat something with protein which Ryan already had my dinner ready for me by then anyway. It went down drastically and now that we know I am supposed to eat first and have like a bottle of water I have only been having 1 or 2 in an hour. I'm so glad to have that device since I can't yet feel these contractions but boy does it suck to lay in practically one position for an hour straight twice daily with all the aches in my hips and neck and shoulders and ribs and on and on and on... Isn't pregnancy great!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Well, that sure was a mouth full! I can't imagine being you right now. I would be going crazy but you really are taking it all in stride. Good job Sun! and good job to the Husband of the Year Ryan for making your life so easy and comfortable. He really is such a great "taker carer"... just his meal plans alone...and the list goes on, I know. he tells me ALL that he has to do. I'm looking forward to these baby's coming so that you can maybe get some UV rays on that body of yours. You are starting to look like one of "Edward's" relatives. Ha!

Amy D. said...

Joc..i'm dying. That was a great comment. Sundi..I can't even believe everything you are going through for those little miracles. I was always amazed at one..let alone 3! Seriously for Ryan "Husband of the Year". What a guy.

Sandie B said...

At first I didn't get Josie's comment ...but when Amy commented I realized it must be a vampire joke...in regards to one of those books that you girls are all reading???
Sundi, you look great..but big!! I'm sure you must love those days when you have an excuse to get up and stretch those legs. I am amazed at how well you & Ry have both adjusted. None of it is easy but when you hold those little ones in your arms all of the tough times will fade....not forgotten just remembered a little differently. You will probably even have alot to laugh at.

Brittany said...

I love your little stories and adventures. Glad to hear everyone is doing good. Time is flying by, in no time you will have your little girls! Can't wait! see you this weekend!

Meg said...

Keep those babies in there! No more contractions, drink your water, and have Ryan rub those calves (I always remember being SO sore at the back of my knees). And Ry maybe be getting all the kudos now, but trust me, he is going to amazed by you when those babies come.