Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My combination blog


Her too!

Ryan's mom Sandie (AKA Grandma) came to visit this week spending half the time with us and half the time with Colin so she could be there for my nephew Justin's Birthday! Here is Sandie and Joc.

So Sandie brought each girl in the pool for there first swim. Once again no pictures of Cali. At least not on our camera because the battery died but we got it on Sandie's camera, just none to show to you today. Surprisingly Cali was the only one who liked it. Or at least didn't mind I'll say. These days I'm beginning to think my girls don't LIKE anything since they're so finicky except for to be talked to. They love that. Oh and TV and a little ashamed to say. Here is Sandie and Delaney.

Sandie and Jocelyn.

My sister n law Brittney and the twin boys. We went to their house for our nephew and Ryan's little Buddy Justin's 2nd birthday party. These are some of my highlights. And there were lots.

Ryan sneaking Justin some Laffy Taffy.

Justin on his Trike that Sandie brought him in her suitcase.

Ryan and Justin playing who knows what and having a great time.

That's what we got Him for his birthday cause it's crazy hot right now.

The theme of the party was CARS (the movie) and he was pretty excited about all the CARS themed gifts such as the Car.

As you can see!!!

The Cake.

The frosting!

And last but not least. The best part of every party, cake on the face!!!


8 comments:

Julie said...

Love your comments about the food, like that she screamed right after the pic was taken. :o) Yeah, we waited till about 5 1/2 months to do cereal... just because, I guess. Jake liked it at that point, so I was good with that! The swimming ones were cute, too... hopefully they get to liking that a little better so you guys can all cool off! And cute Cars cake for Justin!! Happy 2nd birthday!

Lanette said...

Hi Sundi! Hopefully they will start liking the rice cereal soon but that sucks all of them hate it right now. You can't really blame them though, it probably doesn't taste very good and it's not what they're used to. Oh well, maybe next month, right? :) I like the pics of Sandi with Delaney and Jocelyn in the pool, they were sweet.

Brittany said...

Great pictures! I too love the ones of Sandie in the pool, I know she really enjoyed that. Yeah, the rice cereal thing, I was so hesitant to give Justin real food because I thought breast milk was all he was supposed to have, then Colin said "come on, let's try it" and Justin loved it, but I don't think I tried until he was like 6 months. They will get the hang of it when they are ready. I know Justin had a blast with Uncle Ryan, we are hoping to come up and visit on Monday. I will call you to see if you're around.

jewly said...

How fun! You have to love it when grandma comes to town.

Brittany said...

Ohh and by the way, Justin loves the water toys! He likes the wiggle thingy if someone runs through it with him! Thanks again!

Sandie B said...

Home for one day and I already miss you all. It was so fun to see you both and to get to spend some one on one with the girls. They are really developing their own little personalities. They are so sweet and very funny each in their own little ways. Jos is a "dream" - as her Daddy would say...Calie is very animated and well Delaney...is beautiful and still working on her disposition!! So glad to hear you decided to skip the rice ceral...that was pretty painful to partake in and to watch. Love you all Mom..

Jocelyn said...

thanks for the pics. joc is soooo cute:)
i like that you are trying new stuff with them. just like lots of us- they too don't like things at first but maybe will if you try again. i think it's a good idea to try them in the pool. I'm beginning to think books- have to much imput and it's always negative or scary or worst case scenario. it's like they are trying to scare new parent's. I guess that's when instinct kicks in. i think many a babies have been in pools at a very young age and not developed anything horrendous. thanks again for the updates

shawna said...

Wow, I love all the pictures! It sounds like you will have to have another try with the cereal at six months. From my experience with all the kids in my care, they all enjoy it better then :) Oh well! I am going to have to ask you for tips, you are becoming so experienced with success and trial and error too,he,he!
Shawna