Monday, April 14, 2008

Delaney's big day! Not so much for Cali

Well the bad news is Cali isn't home yet and can't come home for at least 5 more days. The reason for this is she had what's called an Brady episode last night. What that means is her heart rate drops down too low and the Dr.'s won't let her come home until she goes 5 days without a Brady. This is common in little ones and they grow out of it quickly. She corrects her own heart beat within a matter of seconds and it may just be due to reflex or a bad sleep position, something like that but everyone would rather be safe then sorry and that includes me. Even though Ryan and I are Dying to have her home with us.
The good news is Delaney had a productive day. She had her first Dr. apt. and turned her head by herself several times during her tummy time!
This is the proud Papa after this mornings tummy time. (Delaney on your left, Jocelyn on your right)
She's all ready to go to the Docs. No this isn't a repeat of last week.
Look mom I grew a belly! She's a whopping 5lbs 2oz
Just waiting for the Doc to show up and tell me how perfect I am.

9 comments:

Sandie B said...

She is just perfect...over 5 pounds that is great. Of course, i love, love the picture of Ry and his grils...Everyone looks so content. What I am amazed at is everyday when I call I never hear babies crying or stressed out parents...it sounds very peaceful and calm..you are making that happen. love you mom

Jocelyn said...

My Mom's totally right- it does always sound peaceful and stress free over there. Good job to all three of you! I too love the picture of ryan and his girls. He has always loved girls and is perfect with them. Can't believe Delaney Ray is over 5 lbs! She's catching up with Jocelyn!

Brittany said...

They look so good. Can't believe how much they have already grown. You have it together Sun, I am impressed but not surprised! good job!!

Sundi said...

It helps to be stress free when you have 3 people all doing equal time with the girls and the girls still need so much sleep. I assume all that will change some day but hopefully we will be well practiced by then.

Cole said...

hey, it is a great photo of ryan and the gals. Ps i dig the hat he is wearing!

Lanette said...

Hi Sundi! I've been out of town the last couple weeks and haven't been able to check your blog but it sure looks like a lot of great things have been happening with your girls! That's so wonderful that both Jocelyn and Delaney are already home with you and Ryan. I love all the pics. Hopefully Cali will be with you guys by the weekend as well and your "little" family will be complete!! :) What a sweet day that will be! :)

Sundi said...

Welcome back to reality Lanette, I hope you had a great trip.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Sun! I need more pics. It has been 4 days... I already miss the girls. I really do. I miss you and Ry too!

Brittany said...

Hi! I was going to send you a message about that too! Need more pictures. It's actually good that we didn't make it over this past weekend because Justin now has a cold and we probably had the germs from it over the weekend. Hopefully we will be free and clear by next week. More pix please, I anxiously check a few times a day!